Saturday, May 10, 2014

Bringing a Psychotic Water Nymph to Life: Update 2

So, today I finished the airbrushing on the body parts and touched up the oopsie on the head and taped off where I want the scales to go on the head.  I just need to spray the entire body with the PearlEx Powder, that I mixed with the matte varnish.

On to the pictures.  :)




You can't really see the difference between the Olive Green and the Medium Yellow.  I ended up changing the Chromium Oxide Green to a different green as it did not look so pretty in the airbrush.  After a few coats of the Olive Green and the New Green, I mixed up Antique Gold Acrylic with distilled water and sprayed it on the scales.


It took a few coats to get the sheen I wanted, but I'm satisfied with how it turned out.  My plan is to cover the entire body with the PearlEx Powder/Matte Varnish mix to give an all over "sparkle"  :)

It took FOREVER ... well, it felt like forever, to peel the tape off and then to clean up the scales.


And here are pictures of the head.  The touch up came out way better than I could have hoped.  :)  





Next week I hope to finish the body and start working on the head.  




2 comments:

  1. Amazing, caro! I missed part one, but am wowed by this. Can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mikisew! I am having so Mich fin experimenting with my airbrush and learning how to strengthen my technique.

      Delete