Saturday, May 3, 2014

Yaretzi - Irreal Doll Ringo on Doll Chateau Body


Yaretzi came home about ... I want to say two years ago.  Her body, I purchased last year.  She is my psychotic water nymph XD.

She is an original character of mine.  Originally meant to be a sympathetic character, but somewhere along the way, as she became more fleshed out, I realized she was completely and utterly mad.  She suffers from dementia in spades - lol

Having a mad character isn't too terrible ... until you combine it with her very strong homicidal tendencies.  

It is never a dull moment when Yaretzi is around.  Always plotting against Tlaloc ... their hatred towards each other is palpable.  Her husband is probably the only person capable of grounding Yaretzi in reality.

Anyway, I had planned on paying an artist to do her face up and body blushing, but I am short on funds for dolly related stuffs.  So, I decided since my parents kindly bought me an airbrush machine for my b-day last year, I should totally put it to use.

This is entry one into the Project Journal lovingly titled:  Bringing a Psychotic Water Nymph to Life.

:)

So first off, the inspirational images for Yaretzi's look:



Yaretzi's colors will be green, yellow and gold instead of blue, teal and copper.  heehee!

So first thing, first - Yaretzi'z head is more yellow than her body, which is more of a pale peachy-pink color.  So I had to mix some paint to get the right color to match head to body.  Then I taped off where I want her "scales" to go.

This is what I've done so far. 







Today I plan on airbrushing the head to match the body.  I need to mix up the paint for the scales.  Airbrushing the scales may have to wait until next weekend, we'll see.  

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment