Saturday, December 28, 2013

Azza Version 2 - Simply Divine Thomas

Simply Divine is a BJD company created by the very talented US sculptor, Liz Stine.  The Thomas head is actually the second (but most definitely not the last) sculpt that I received from her collection.  I purchased the head in May, 2012 to replace the Dollshe Saint face plate I had originally purchased to be my fallen angel character, Azza.

As usually, to complete his face up I used chalk pastels, acrylic paint, Testor's Dullcote.  I also used my airbrush and airbrushed Liquitex matte medium for an initial coat of sealant and to seal between layers of pastel.  For the final coat of sealant after the face up was complete, I used Testor's Dullcote.  If you have an airbrush, I highly recommend using the Liquitex matte medium as your sealant.  It gives a great tooth and does not alter the color of the resin.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment