Saturday, December 28, 2013

Itzpapalotl "Itzy" - Souldoll Shiva

Itzy is my Death Goddess.  She comes from the same story arc that Atl, the Soom Sard/Chrom does.  She was my Christmas present to myself at the end of 2012.  Originally, I wanted her in the gray skin as she was to be my moon goddess/death goddess, but Souldoll was not offering the gray skin at that time and I did not want to wait out of fear that by the time they did offer the gray skin, I wouldn't have the money any more.  So I got her in white skin.

FYI - I hate white skin dolls, mostly because of how quickly white resin has a tendency to yellow and how easily dirt and the like picks up on it.  But white would work better for what I wanted than normal skin.  So I swallowed my disdain for white resin and purchased her.  As far as I can tell, she has not yellowed or if she has, it has been even.  Granted - I do keep her out of direct sunlight, so that helps.

Because Itzy is named after the Aztec goddess, Itzpapalotl and because she is my death goddess, I had a very specific face up I wanted completed, which at the time (and probably still is) way beyond my skill level, so I had my first commission completed.

NapoleonChan on Den of Angels was able to take my semi-incoherent vision and bring it to life.  She did an awesome job and all credit goes to her for giving my Death Goddess a face up.

Itsy's body blushing and additive modifications were done by me.  I used acrylic paint and silver jewelry findings.















Itzpaplotl does mean "Obsidian Butterfly" and my plan is for Itzy to have Soom Nephelin modded on her four-arm torso, but I haven't completed the blushing on her four-arm torso yet.  Rinna, another member of Den of Angels, was kind enough to do the extractive/additive mod on the torso for me as I was uncomfortable carving into the resin.  Here are pictures of that.




**Again, please note that NapoleonChan did the face up and Riina did the wing mod.  I am solely responsible for the body blushing and minor additive modding of the silver jewelry findings.


No comments:

Post a Comment